With the blessings of Bhagawan Baba, the association of the old students of Sri Sathya Sai Loka Seva Educational Institutions, Muddenahalli named 'Children of Sathya Sai" was formally inaugurated on 02-10-2001 by Respected Sri B.N. Narasimha Murthy. He illumined the minds and hearts of nearly 700 old students gathered by his enlightening and inspiring words of advice.
The guiding principle of this association is the upliftment of the society along with one's own spiritual progress - 'Atma Kalyana and Loka Kalyana' which was the cherished ideal of Rev. Madiyala Narayan Bhat (Rev. Anna) of hallowed memory.
Activities undertaken by the 'Children of Sathya Sai'
- Taking active part in any Educational, Spiritual and Service activities undertaken to transform the eight adopted villages into Ideal Villages.
- To plan and implement programs for the all round development of the eight villages in co-ordination with the Alma mater, 'Sri Sathya Sai Loka Seva Institutions - Sathya Sai Grama'
- Providing daily midday-meal to all the day scholars.
- Construction or renovation of temples cum community halls in adopted villages.
- Appointment of one teacher in each of the eight villages to improve the educational standard and health awareness. Balavikas classes are conducted in these villages in order to improve the spiritual and moral values in children.
- Supporting the Anganawadies in the eight villages with equipments and gadgets in their playgrounds providing any other assistance required.
- Conducting Narayana Seva in the adopted eight villages on the day of annual meet.
- De-vermination tablets are given to the residents of all the eight adopted villages which helps prevention of many diseases.
- Honouring the CET Rank Holders and the topperss of SSLC and PUC examination in Sri Sathya Sai Loka Seva Institutions.
- Providing any material and equipment required by the villages through the 'president's fund' to the tune of Rupees One Lakh per annum.
- Helping the villagers in constructing toilets and improving general sanitation of adopted villages
- Building character of the rural youth through various activities.